Hi, I am Suzanne Douglass, the Director of Student Health Services here at Admiral Farragut Academy. I want to take a few moments of your time to highlight what we, at Farragut, are doing to provide our students with the safest and healthiest environment throughout the stressful and challenging global pandemic of COVID-19.
We have been busy collaborating with health officials and school administrators on the best practices to provide future quality care for students under all circumstances.
Our new school norm will look something like this:
- All students will receive a face mask
- Hand sanitizer machines will be placed in each classroom
- The entrance to all buildings will have hand sanitizer machines
- Desks in each classroom will be disinfected after each class rotation
- Our classrooms will be designed for maximized social distancing
- Each day we’ll use our new thermal thermometers to check students’ temperature
- Students who have a fever will be placed in an isolation room outside the nurse’s office
- The classrooms will be cleaned and disinfected each night
- The dormitory will be cleaned with disinfected each day
- We will enforce social distancing throughout the school day
- We will now use the Mess Hall, West Lounge, and outside area for lunch to spread out
- Students will not face each other while eating
For our boarding population and day students who may fall ill during the school day, the Student Health Center will be fully staffed and prepared to assess and care for any students in need. We have a designated isolation area for any student experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 along with the simultaneous care of the typical daily minor illnesses and injuries.
Your child’s health and safety is Admiral Farragut Academy’s top priority and we will continue to add new procedures and plans, as we learn more about effective and healthy management of our new norm.
At Farragut we care for each other so thank you in advance for keeping our school safe and healthy.
We Are Farragut!