Trips and Activities
Something for Everyone
Sunshine and warm weather make our location in St. Petersburg, Florida the ideal place for outdoor activities all year long.
During the week boarders may attend campus sporting events, movie nights, and a trip to the local mall depending upon academic standing.
Weekend activities vary from week to week and are organized by Residential Life staff. Student-suggested weekend activities are highly encouraged, and if they are a reasonable request, we make it happen! Our campus amenities during the weekend include access to the pool, gymnasium, weight room, sand volleyball court, tennis and basketball court, track, waterfront, or the East Lounge or Cadet Union where movie nights or game nights are held almost every weekend.
Our day students also often invite boarders home for the weekends, but there are also plenty of exciting excursions to experience in St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas less than an hour away such as:
- Theme parks: Busch Gardens, Disney World, Adventure Island, Universal Studios
- Beaches: St. Pete Beach, Madeira Beach, Treasure Island, Pass-a-Grill, Fort DeSoto Beach, ranked one of the best in the world!
- Sporting events: Tampa Bay Rays baseball, Tampa Bay Lightning hockey, Tampa Bay Buccaneers football, Tampa Bay Rowdies soccer
- Shopping: Ellenton Outlets, International Mall in Tampa, Premium Outlets in Orlando
- Scenic towns: Tarpon Springs: famous for Greek restaurants and sponge docks; Ybor City: history Cuban architecture and restaurants
If a boarder chooses to not attend the weekend excursion, you will most likely find them at the beach, mall, dinner, or movies with other boarders and day students.
Students in courses such as Marine Biology and Scuba also often go on weekend camping, canoe, and diving excursions. Also during Spring Break, many teachers chaperone trips around the United States and around the world like Europe, South America, or skiing/white water rafting at Squaw Valley.
News and Adventures