Challenging and Fun
At Farragut, we are dedicated to helping your child develop a passion for learning. Because of our small student-to-teacher ratio, our instructors are able to work with students to help maximize their full potential.
Preparation for College and Beyond
Farragut is built on structure. Because of it, we consistently have 100% college acceptance and an impressive college matriculation. A byproduct of helping students achieve in school today is our commitment to helping students attain success upon graduation. Our college placement department is dedicated to working specifically with each student on his or her goals.
Ways our student college applications stand out:
- Well-rounded resume with sports, dual enrollment or honors, signature programs, extracurriculars, and community service
- Leadership positions earned within the NJROTC program
- Boarding experience provides independence, self-discipline, time management, and strong study habits
- International diversity provides a cultural perspective similar to college
- On average over $5 million in merit-based aid is earned by our graduating classes
- On average over 25% of our graduates earn student-athlete scholarships
- 100% accepted into four-year colleges or universities
- On average over 5,000 community service hours provided
At Farragut, You Can…
- Become a Master Diver
- Fly a plane
- Explore marine life
- Get global
- Sail after school
- Imagine and create
- Be a leader
What Sets Our School Apart
The Academic Experience
The Student Center
Collaborative Learning Environment
The Roy M. Speer Student Center was remodeled in August of 2014 to provide a welcoming and information-rich physical and online environment. It is a hub of activity offering academic and library services, collaborative and social areas, along with individual study rooms and a computer lab.
The Student Center services our student body from Kindergarten-12th grade. It houses over 8,000 print, multimedia, and eBook resources. Technology is integrated using Chromebooks, Apple computers, computer stations, and collaborative spaces equipped with Smart TVs and whiteboards. Students and faculty currently have access to over 20 research databases, Grammarly, newspaper sources, and magazines.
The Counseling Center
Ready for Life
In accordance with the mission of Admiral Farragut Academy, the Counseling Office is committed to providing assistance to all students in a positive, professional environment. It is the goal to support all students as they progress through high school and as they prepare for the next stage in their lives. They are committed to meeting the individual needs of all students and work hard to assist them in achieving their goals.
The Counseling Office provides:
- Academic and college counseling to all students including the selection of their academic courses and speaking to them about career options, both in the classroom setting and individually.
- Personal counseling as requested or assist with referring students to outside agencies.
- Informational meetings for parents.
- ACT, AP, PSAT, and SAT testing.
- Evaluating and recording of transcripts.
What path are you interested in?
Start the Conversation
In addition to core curriculum courses required to meet graduation requirements, you have the opportunity to take courses that match your interests while developing the skills you will need to succeed in college and beyond.
Please select one of the options below to discover more about Farragut.