Farragut Family Association (FFA)
Farragut Family Association’s mission is to promote family engagement, to enhance and enrich the Farragut experience for our students and dedicated staff, and to build community partnerships.
Please consider joining us as you are able to volunteer your time, talents and treasure to support Admiral Farragut Academy.
The FFA will have opportunities for Farragut supporters to be as involved as they would like and in the area that interests them the most, whether it’s fundraising, social events, guest speakers for students/parents, becoming an event sponsor, connecting community partnerships, to involvement at many of our home sporting events.
One of the goals of the FFA is to raise funds to enhance the Farragut experience for our students and staff through campus projects, technology upgrades, curriculum enhancements, sports enhancements, and other upgrades agreed upon by the FFA and the Academy.
Examples of FFA-supported projects over the years include upgraded playground equipment for the Lower School, sun shades for outdoor areas, new athletic equipment, fencing along the entire perimeter of the campus, and an outdoor inflatable screen to view movies, water bottle fountains across the campus.
WAYS TO BE INVOLVED WITH FFA
If you are interested in one of the following areas and would like to be involved, please email FFA@Farragut.org, and the Committee Chair will be in touch with the details on how to get further involved. The FFA will meet monthly to identify upcoming opportunities throughout the school year.
- Concessions, selling food and drinks, restocking
- Collecting gate entry fees during an event
- Encouraging school spirit
Student Life – Upper and Lower school Events
- Organizing events through vendors and internal stakeholders
- Decorating events set up and take down
- Examples of some past events:
- Veterans Day Event / Parade
- Trunk or Treat Fair – Upper and Lower
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Shop – Lower school
- Book Fair / Author visits – Lower School
- Small and Tall Ball
- Glow Party
Family & Fundraising Events
- Parents’ Gala Event – Spring Event
- Event planning, catering, decorations, flowers, collect donations and raffle items
- Entertainment – live band, dj, etc
- Acquire sponsorships for the event
- Acquire silent auction items – bigger items to auction off
- Event setup, breakdown, and followup
- Local Parent events – Activities to gather families together on or off campus
- Pot Luck Dinner in Concession Stand
- Golf Tournament
- Poinsettia Sale – late October to early November
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Collect donations and raffle items to give to all teachers
- Coordinate food and Refreshments for teachers
- Decorate teacher’s room doors or teacher lounges