A Private School Education
The Farragut Experience includes a robust private school and college prep curriculum complemented by hands-on experiences, field trips, and travel. All of our curriculum meets common core state standards in Florida that focus on both individual and group learning.
Lower School Curriculum
Kindergarten – 7th Grade
- Small class sizes mean individual attention for your child (average class size is 9-15 students).
- Hands-on projects and field trips complement many lessons.
- Lower School students benefit from the international student body on campus (Farragut has boarding students in grades 8-12) and it brings a “global feel” to the school’s community.
- Classroom organization:
- K-2nd: Each grade is taught in a self-contained classroom with one teacher.
- 3rd-4th: Each grade shares teachers in subjects of Math/Science and English/Social Studies.
- 5th-7th: Each grade has a rotating schedule with 55-minute class periods with a different teacher for each of their subjects. This is the same type of schedule our students will experience once they enter Upper School.
- Students are exposed to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and Marine Science.
- The Lower School curriculum lays the groundwork for students to be able to digest, retain and expand upon the rigorous college-prep curriculum they will master in the Upper School.
Additional learning opportunities are available after school and include robotics, sports, student council and more.
Upper School Curriculum
- College preparatory with emphasis placed on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
- Required to take Naval Science course unless excused.
- Honors, Advanced Placement, AP Capstone, and Dual Enrollment courses are offered.
- The student-faculty ratio is 15:1.
- Experiential programs including Scuba, Aviation, Marine Science, Leadership & Naval Science, Sailing, Drone, and more.
Farragut gives students the option of bringing a Chromebook to class and downloading textbooks to their browsers. There is also a limited number (6 to 10) of Chromebooks available in all classrooms if students don’t have them or forget to bring theirs.
DID YOU KNOW?
Faculty and staff members are…
Dedicated to the Farragut mission – most have taught or worked here 8 years or longer.
Highly educated – more than 51% hold a master’s degree.
The Hands-On Experience
Lower School students attend police K9 field trials and competition
For More Information
Farragut prides itself in providing the best academic experience possible for its students. As education continues to adapt to technological advances, Farragut continues to meet those demands.
Please select a button below to start the conversation.