& the Campus Store
All of our students are required to wear a uniform. Lower School and Upper School students wear prep school uniforms and Upper School students additionally wear naval science uniforms.
The Anchor Campus Store Hours
Admiral Farragut Academy Anchor Campus Store summer hours to purchase uniforms and spirit wear:
For questions please contact our Campus Store Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727-384-0921.
Uniforms and spirit gear is sold in The Anchor Campus Store which is located on the east side of Farragut Hall. View a campus map.
Purchase Your Uniform
Lower School Uniforms or Upper School Travel/PE Gear
- Travel Gear, Polos, Khaki Shorts, PE Gear, and Navy Service Uniforms (NSU)
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 727-384-5500 ext 245
Upper School Navy Service Uniforms (NSU)
All students in a Naval Science course will be issued a uniform by the Navy and be fitted during class. If you have questions regarding Navy Service Uniform (NSU) you may contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 727-384-1893
Lower School Uniform Guidelines
- Navy polo shirt (shirttails are to be tucked in at all times)
- Khaki pants or shorts for boys and/or skorts for girls
- Solid brown leather belt is to be worn by all 1st-7th grade students if there are belt loops (students in Kindergarten are not required to wear belts)
- White ankle or no show socks
- Tennis shoes
- Shoelaces must be white, gray, or black in color
- No flashing lights nor should they be bright colors or high tops
- Example of a high top
Standards for Hair
- Boys’ haircuts must meet the following specifications – closely cropped around the sides and back, the back tapered not “blocked”, maximum of 3 inches on top, neatly trimmed and combed, and hair must not extend below the eyebrows.
- Girls need to wear hair close to the head. If hair is long enough, it needs to be worn in a ponytail. Hair that is not long enough for a ponytail needs to be worn off the face.
- 5th-7th grade students do wear P.E. Gear for class and should purchase a t-shirt and pair of shorts
- K-4th grade students wear their regular Travel Gear uniform (they do not the uniform because they do not change)
|Travel Gear Uniform
|(w/ crew neck sweater and pants)
||(w/ zip up hoodie and pants)
||Travel Gear Uniform
Upper School Uniform Guidelines
Academic Uniforms: Upper School
- All Upper School students wear the Navy Service Uniform (called NSUs), Travel Gear, or Physical Training uniforms.
- Students entering 8th grade from the Lower School or new students entering the Upper School who are enrolled in a Naval Science course are issued at least one set of the Navy Service uniform by the Naval Science department. Any NSU issued by the Naval Science department will have the alteration fees covered.
- All Upper School students who are not enrolled in a Naval Science course, must purchase the NSU from The Anchor Campus Store and are responsible for any fitting alterations.
- Travel Gear (khaki shorts, AFA polo, and belt) and Physical Education / Physical Training Gear (t-shirts and shorts) are all for sale at the campus store.
Learn how to wear the uniform properly or read the full NJROTC Cadet Field Manual.
Different uniforms are worn on different days of the week:
|Travel Gear – 1-3x per week
Navy Service – 1-3x per week
|Salt & Peppers – Picture Day, Parade, and Graduation
*Garrison caps are worn only when cadets are outside.
*NJROTC and AFA Ribbons and awards are worn on the Salt & Pepper uniform only. Only NJROTC authorized ribbons and medals are worn on the Navy Service uniform.
*Uniforms may be worn on alternate days for field trips, half days, etc.
Shoes: Students must wear black uniform shoes (available at the Ship’s Store) for the Navy Service and Salt & Peppers uniforms. Typically, on Mondays and during field trips students wear the Travel Gear uniform with which they are allowed to wear black or blue athletic shoes.
Physical Education & Physical Training Gear – 1x per week
A separate P.E. or P.T. uniform of a gold Navy t-shirt (tucked in) and navy blue athletic shorts (worn at the natural waist) and white socks are worn during those classes.
Boarding Student Uniform Guidelines
- On campus, evenings and weekends: Farragut PE/PT Gear and Spirit Wear
- Off campus: Appropriate civilian clothing