The Admiral Farragut boys and girls team both took first in a tri-meet they hosted for Senior Night against Keswick Christian and Indian Rocks Christian on October 10, two days after the boys team turned in an impressive fifth-place performance at the City Invitational.
“I am so proud of all of our swimmers as they are doing an absolutely amazing job,” BlueJackets coach Jan Browning said.
The boys team beat Keswick 96-63 and Indian Rocks 82-68 to improve its head-to-head record to 8-0 this season. The girls team beat Indian Rocks 52-47 but lost to Keswick by a score of 80-45 and their record now stands at 2-6.
At the City Invitational, a meet in which the 11 public and private schools in St. Petersburg compete, Harrison McGriff claimed first in the 100 breaststroke to pace the BlueJackets.
Farragut made it to the finals in eight events and the consolations in 13 events as the BlueJackets recorded 24 personal best times.
The swimmers achieving personal best times in the meet were:
- 200 Boys Medley relay — Dylan Daughtry, Zach Fine, Harrison McGriff, Alan Torres
- 200 Free — Cammie Walker and Alan Torres
- 50 Free — Ansley Fine, Zach Fine, and Mario Barbartini
- 100 Fly — Alex Shen and Dylan Rice
- 100 Free — Ansley Fine, Emmie Ireland, Oliver Te, Alan Torres
- 200 Free Relay — Harrison McGriff, Dylan Daughtry, Alan Torres, and Zach Fine
- 100 Back — Dylan Daughtry and Phillip Hulinsky
- 500 Free — Maurice Leon
- 100 Breast — Harrison McGriff and Oliver Te