Please join us and invite your friends to the Careers in Aviation Expo!
On Saturday, January 11, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Admiral Farragut Academy will partner with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University to host a Careers in Aviation Expo at Farragut for young people interested in working in the aviation industry.
It’s a great time to work in the aviation industry. More than 800,000 new pilots and 679,000 aircraft technicians will be needed over the next 20 years, according to the Boeing Company’s industry forecast.
With air travel increasing worldwide, career opportunities are also booming in aviation business and finance, airport management, air traffic control, aerospace engineering, aviation data analytics, aviation cybersecurity, and more.
The Program Includes
- Keynote Speaker Nicole Stott is an AFA current parent, an ERAU graduate of ‘87, and a retired American Engineer and NASA Astronaut. During her 27 years at NASA, she served as a Flight Engineer on ISS Expedition 20 and Expedition 21 and was a Mission Specialist on STS-128 and STS-133. Today, Stott is the Space for Art Foundation Director.
- A panel discussion with other professional pilots and individuals with aviation industry experience.
- Tom Head (ERAU ‘10), Southern Air Systems Corporate Pilot
- April Allen (AFA ‘00, ERAU ‘18), JetBlue Airways Airline Pilot
- Marshall Pitts (AFA ’97), Envoy Airlines Regional Pilot
- Brigitte Lakah (ERAU ‘86), UPS Air Cargo Pilot
- Chris Thomas (AFA ‘87), JetBlue Airways Aerobatic Pilot
- Douglas Pearson Sr. (AFA ‘66), FAA, ATC
- Thomas Jewsbury (ERAU ‘89), St. Petersburg Clearwater Airport Executive Director
- Ben Srock (ERAU ‘14), Textron Aviation Customer Experience Manager
- Throughout the event, aviation professionals will be on hand to answer questions and provide insight to students about careers available in the field of aviation.
- If you are not a current Farragut student or parent, you can also receive a tour of Admiral Farragut Academy.
- Light refreshments.
- Saturday, January 11, 2020
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Doors open at 10:30 a.m.
Let Us Know You’re Coming
- Open to the public
- Although this will be geared towards high schoolers, people of all ages are welcome to attend
- Free event
Location & Directions
- Admiral Farragut Academy, DeSeta Hall building
- 501 Park Street North, St. Petersburg, Florida 33710
- Use the 5th Avenue North entrance. Parking, both regular and handicapped, is located in front of DeSeta Hall and in the parking circle around Farragut Hall.
- Additional parking is also located next to the Russel Building and along 5th Avenue North.
- Overflow parking is also available in another lot on the 9th Avenue North side of campus.
Event Questions / Be a Guest Speaker
- Contact Director of Aviation Rob Ewing by email at email@example.com if you have questions regarding the event or have valuable aviation experience and would like to present as a guest speaker.