The BlueJacket Girls Varsity Basketball team entered the Sunshine State Athletic Conference Tournament in the Body Armor Challenge bracket and won three straight games to win the championship.
On Friday, January 22nd game, they defeated Oasis Christian School with a final score of 44-9. On Saturday during the semi-finals, they defeated First Academy Christian School with a final score of 47-9 which followed with the finals where they defeated Merritt Island Christian School with a final score of 38-15 for the championship win.
- Kalynn Miner ‘22 led all scorers with 42 points and led in rebounding as well with 33. She posted double-doubles (scoring and rebounds) in all three games.
- Jordan Thompson ‘23 had 34 points and led the team in assists with 24.
- Helena Panuthos ‘22 finished third in scoring with 28 points and had a double-double (10 points, 10 rebounds) in the second game.
- Kiva Incavido ‘25, an 8th grader, finished second in assists with 14 and first in steals (10).
- Brooke Sokolowski ‘22 scored 11 points in the series and Elise Graham scored 7 points for the tournament.
The team was led by Head Coach Mark Panuthos, Assistant Coach Arnold Sherman, Assistant Coach Doug Sokolowski, and Assistant Coach Keandre Watts.
“After a difficult start to the season, marked by a five-week interruption in practices and games, our girls really came together,” said Coach Panuthos. Last year the team finished as Sunshine State Runners-Up. This year’s goal was to win the championship – and we did.
All of our girls showed incredible drive, dedication, and commitment to each other.
The other coaches and I are beyond proud of the Lady BlueJackets and we look forward to great seasons ahead. We would also like to thank Head of Upper School Dr. McGlinn, Athletic Director Matt Olesnovich, and Athletic Assistant Mary Rice for all of their hard work and support. Our success was truly a team effort.”