On May 22, 2017, parents and classmates were wowed by the talent of some very courageous students in the first Lower School Talent Show!
Taking place after lunch, the gymnasium was bursting with talents from singing, piano, dancing, magic, science, gymnastics, and even a cooking show! The show was organized by Kindergarten teacher Marilyn Reynolds. Auditions were held April 6th & 7th, and the following students were chosen to showcase their talents.
- Steven Miller, 2nd Grade, Cooking Show
- Carson Covington, 3rd Grade, “Reveille & The Marines Hymn”, Piano
- Carlos Bonilla, 3rd Grade and Gosia Wienc, “Viennese Waltz Tango Jive”, Dance
- Cassandra Bonilla, Kindergarten, “The Show”, Vocal
- Jacob Arias, 4th Grade, “Rondo Allaturca”, Piano
- Barrett Backman, Kindergarten, “24K Magic”, Vocal
- Polina Creadon, 1st Grade, “A Spanish Fiesta”, Piano
- Danielle Larrinaga, 2nd Grade, “How To Be A Pirate”, Short Story
- Lorenzo Wainwright, 3rd Grade, Karate
- Myles Bonilla and Zachary Vaughn, 4th Grade, “Minuet One”, Piano and Violin duet
- Grace Vernine, 5th Grade, “Stole the Show”, Vocal
- Isabella Wainwright, 7th Grade, “Be Our Guest”, Tap Dancing
- Kalynn Miner, 7th Grade, “Jar of Hearts”, Vocal
- Niko Panuthos, 3rd Grade, Stacking Cups
- Julia LoRusso, 5th Grade, and Sienna Menchaca, 4th Grade, “Fierce Friends”, Vocal
- Helena Panuthos, 7th Grade, “Hello”, Vocal and Piano
- Luka Vaughn, 1st Grade, Magic Show
- Ethan Creadon, 4th Grade, “The Way You Look Tonight”, Piano
- Alexandra Wallace and Valentina Romano, 4th Grade, Gymnastics
- Isabella Reynolds, 4th Grade, and Bailey Reynolds, 1st Grade, “Science Sisters”
After these very talented students performed, the Lower School teachers took to the stage to perform a number called “If I Weren’t A Teacher,” an idea Lower School Spanish teacher Carrie Forrester had after seeing a video on the internet of another school doing it. Their students cheered them on as they rhymed about how they would be a taxi driver, an airplane pilot, and even “the queen”.
The show would not have been a success without the help of Carolyn Rowe (social studies teacher) & Denise Colangelo (parents group president) for helping with the Talent Show and Kimberly Backman for the amazing decorations! Thank you also to stagehands, 7th graders Ben Crawford and Markel Lambert. Congratulations to all of our talented students!