Pledge – Michael Athans (Happy Birthday!)
100th Day of School Presentation – 2nd grade sang the 100 days song
Character Word – Integrity
- “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” ~Oprah Winfrey
- Integrity is the quality of being honest.
- Integrity is having strong moral principles.
- Integrity is having total sincerity.
- The story, “A boiled seed cannot sprout.”
Lego Robotics Announcement:
- We are very proud of how our students competed this past Saturday. They worked together very well and tried their very best. Coming in 2nd place with 230 points on our robotics game was no easy feat. We were also in the top 6 for Core Values, which is all about team building.
- Unfortunately, they did not score enough points in the rest of the categories to be able to move on to the next round of the competition but will still be having a celebration on Monday, February 10th after school. Mrs. LoRusso will be in touch with more details. Congratulations!
Safety Patrol Promotions:
- Safety Patrol continues to do an outstanding job each day. I would like to recognize several students who have been recommended for promotion by our captain, Katie Lynch. These individuals have specialized in either our morning or our afternoon patrol duties. They are extremely helpful and eager to assist their fellow students.
- It is my pleasure to promote Dylan Harper, Bailey Reynolds, Erika Watts, Jeana Robertson, Braylee Rano and Klara Tomaka to the rank of Sergeant.
- From February 3rd-13th, Student Council will be selling Valentine’s Day candy grams and carnations to send to your friends, teachers or someone special.
- The candy grams and carnations can be purchased in carline, during recess in Mr. Singleton’s classroom or you can email Mrs. Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Valentine’s Day, the Student Council will be delivering the candy grams and carnations. $1.00 candy & $2.00 carnations
- Monday, February 17 is Presidents’ Day and there is no school.
- On Friday, February 28, immediately following our next assembly, we will have a guest speaker for parents. Detective Angel Pagan will be speaking about Drug Awareness.
- The FFA is having a lower school block party from 5-8p on Friday, April 24th and they are looking for volunteers to help. They are having a meeting at 8a on Thursday, Feb 6th in the mess hall and would love for parents to come if they are interested in helping.