Alex Gray ‘16 named BHSN Athlete of the Week
Alex Gray ’16 was selected as BHSN Athlete of the Week because of his accomplishments at the FHSAA State track meet.
“Alex is like a quiet storm. He is so humble that he gave two of his medals to his teammates. He is a great person and has a great heart; he deserves this recognition,” said Head Track Coach Arron Prather.
“Senior Alex Gray was crowned 1A State Champion in the 200-meter dash in 2015. But, Gray felt he left something on the table. With the help of new Blue Jackets head boys track and field coach Arron Prather, Gray finished the job in 2016 and made history in the process. To see Gray in action, click here.” – Feature on Bay News 9 by Tenitra Batiste, Bright House Sports Network.
Read the article “BlueJackets make school history, win first boys track and field state title”
Boys 1st overall STATE CHAMPIONS
- Alex Gray: 1st overall – State Champion 100m 11.12
- Alex Gray: 1st overall – State Champion 200m 21.78
- Keyon Jenkins: 4th overall Shot Put 50’11.5
- Sam Baker: 7th Overall Shot Put 49’00.25
- Cameron Pesola: 7th overall Pole Vault 12’0”
- 4×100 Relay: Oi, Gray, Allen, Watts 3rd overall 43.23
- 4×400 Relay: Oi, Gray, Watts, Fine 3rd overall 3:27.27 NEW SCHOOL RECORD