8th to 12th Grade Boarding Students
- Within the online application, please provide the email addresses of student’s current Math and English teachers.
- An online link will be emailed from Farragut directly to the teacher. You are responsible for following up with the teachers to make sure they check their email inbox and complete the recommendations.
- CLICK HERE to download the Records Request Form.
- Transcripts are required from the most recent and/or previous 3 years of schooling.
- Transcripts must be sent by postal mail or express shipping directly from the student’s school to our Admissions Office.
- Transcripts must arrive in a signed, sealed envelope.
- For international students: Transcripts must be translated into English by a certified translator in your country. We need both translated and untranslated versions of your transcripts. Transcripts should include curriculum information from your previous school and how it compares to the American system.
Please provide any additional information that you feel will allow us to determine if we can meet the needs of your child so that he/she has the greatest possible opportunity to succeed.
- The interview can be in-person, by Skype, or other approved web-based video (tour is optional).
- The interview and campus tour can be scheduled at the same time.
- Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays only.
- 7th grade through 11th grade
- The application must be completed prior to scheduling the student shadow date, which will require the most recent two years of grades. Paying the $100 application fee is optional until after the student has shadowed and the family has made the decision to move forward with their application. Please contact the admissions office for application payment instructions and to schedule your shadow: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 727-384-5500 ext 220.
- All the items listed above must be submitted to complete your child’s application.
- Once the application is complete, each applicant’s file is reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- Families are notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision by email.
- The priority deadline for enrollment to the following academic school year is June 1st.
- Family must provide documentary evidence that sufficient funds are or will be available to defray all expenses during the entire period of anticipated study by bank statement or letter.
- Farragut offers ESL classes (ESOL) for non-English speakers.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to demonstrate competency in English in one of the following ways:
Submit English language proficiency score – IELTS, TOEFL or TOEFL, Jr. – school code 1970
- New 11th grade students must qualify for our Advanced ESOL class. The scores recommended are: TOEFL 70, TOEFL Jr. 750, IELTS – overall band score of 5. ESOL class placement will be at the discretion of the High School Division Head, the ESOL Director, and the ESOL Instructor.
- After admissions acceptance, a signed enrollment contract and deposit of $9,600 ($600 enrollment fee + $9,000 of tuition) is required before we will send out an I-20.
- The I-20 is the first step to obtaining an F1 Student Visa.
- Families must make an appointment with their local United States consulate or embassy to obtain an F1 student visa.
- International students must have an F1 student visa before they can start classes at Farragut.
- If you are not able to obtain a student visa, your deposit will be refunded.