Upper School Boarding Admissions Process
8th-12th Grade Boarding Students
Complete an Inquiry
- Completing an inquiry allows our team to get to know you and your student right away. It also helps us focus on specific programs or interests that may pertain uniquely to your student during phone calls and campus tours.
Schedule a Student Interview and/or Campus Visit
- The student interview is required and can be in-person or done remotely by Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, or other approved web-based video.
- Family campus tours are optional.
- Student interviews and campus visits may be scheduled at the same time.
- The student may also join us for an optional student shadow day.
- This may be done before or after submitting the application.
- Contact the Admissions Office at 727-384-5504 to schedule your appointment!
Submit the Online Application
- All applicants will be required to pay the non-refundable $100 application fee by debit or credit card to complete the submission.
- Applications may be completed online in Admiral Farragut Academy’s SchoolAdmin Portal or submitted via the Standard Application Online (SAO) if you have already completed it or would prefer to complete your online application that way. For the SAO, Admiral Farragut Academy’s school code is 1116.
Complete and Submit All Supporting Documents
In addition to your application, the Admissions Office requires you to submit all of the supporting documents listed below before your application is complete. At your earliest convenience, please log back into your SchoolAdmin portal and complete the application checklist. Once our team has received the entire application package, it will be reviewed in a timely manner by the Admissions Committee.
- Must be two of your child’s most recent or current teachers, preferably a Math and English teacher.
- Homeschooled Students Only: In lieu of teacher recommendations, we will accept two character reference letters.
- Character reference letters can be from employers, mentors, coaches, volunteer supervisors, etc.
- These letters should attest to your child’s overall character including, but not limited to, their strengths, weaknesses, and accomplishments.
- How to Request a Teacher Recommendation:
- An electronic recommendation form can be requested from each teacher by clicking on the ‘Manage’ button listed under the Teacher Recommendation Checklists and inputting their email.
- Please be sure that the teacher is aware that they will be receiving the request and to check their spam if necessary. The email will come from email@example.com.
- A copy of your child’s discipline report from their current school is required for admission to Upper School.
- If your child’s school does not have a formal discipline report, the Admissions Office will accept a letter from a school principal and/or guidance counselor indicating if your child has a disciplinary history.
Student Official Transcripts
- Official transcripts can be requested from your child’s school by completing the Records Release Form listed in your SchoolAdmin application checklist.
- You are responsible for submitting the form to the school you are requesting records from.
- Official transcripts must be:
- Signed, stamped, and sealed official transcript (cannot be scanned, emailed, or faxed)
- Academic records for the current year, as well as the previous 3 years (if applicable)
- Inclusive to disciplinary records.
- Final transcripts upon the student’s withdrawal, either mid-semester or end of the year.
- International students’ transcripts must be submitted in their original language as well as translated into English by a certified translator. The Admissions Office needs both translated and untranslated versions of your transcripts.
- Postmark or express ship official transcripts to:
Admiral Farragut Academy
501 Park St. N.
St. Petersburg, FL 33772
- Please provide any additional information that you feel will help admissions determine if Farragut can meet the individual needs of your child so that he/she has the greatest possible opportunity to succeed.
- i.e. 504 Plan, Individualized Education Program (IEP)
International Applicants Only
International applicants must also submit the following:
Proof of Financial Responsibility
- The individual responsible for tuition must provide documentary evidence that sufficient funds are or will be available to defray all expenses during the entire period of anticipated enrollment with a bank statement or letter.
English Language Proficiency
- Farragut offers ESL classes (also known as ESOL) for non-English speakers.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to demonstrate competency in English in one of the following ways:
- Submit English language proficiency score – IELTS, TOEFL or TOEFL, Jr. – school code 1970
- New 11th grade students must qualify for our Advanced ESL class. The scores recommended are TOEFL 70, TOEFL Jr. 750, IELTS – overall band score of 5.
- ESL class placement will be at the discretion of the Head of Upper School and the ESL Instructor.
I-20 Information to Obtain F1 Student Visa
- After admissions acceptance, a signed enrollment contract and deposit of $9,600 ($600 enrollment fee + $9,000 of tuition) is required. Upon receipt, the Admissions Office will send out an I-20 which is the first step to obtaining an F1 Student Visa.
- Families must make an appointment with their local United States Consulate or Embassy to obtain an F1 student visa.
- International students must have an F1 student visa before they can start classes at Farragut.
- If you are not able to obtain a student visa, your deposit will be refunded.
Admissions Committee Review
- Once the application is complete, each applicant’s file is reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- Families are notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision by email.
- The priority deadline for enrollment to the following academic school year is June 1st.