On Saturday, January 23rd, sixty parents and friends of Farragut gathered in downtown St. Petersburg for a Poker Run to raise funds for the Admiral’s Athletics Club. The idea for the event was conceptualized by parent Joellen Sokolowski who organized it, along with parent Mary Rice.
We are proud to announce that this event earned $5,468 to be used towards athletics! More than that, everyone who attended had so much fun they are asking when the next one is scheduled. Thank you to all who attended and made this event a success!
The evening included stops at five bars/pubs including; The Station House, The Mill, Mandarin Hide, Cask & Ale, and MacDinton’s. At each destination players received a playing card and at the last stop, they determined best and worst poker hand, as well as the winners for the 50/50 raffle.
Congratulations to the Poker Run winners!
- Best Hand, 1st Place: Don Wallace won $500 with a straight
- Best Hand, 2nd Place: Brett Vickers won $200 with two pair
- Worst Hand: Peter Bruno won $100
- 50/50 Raffle: Elaine Lucadano won $500 cash of the $1,000 pool. The other $500 went to the event proceeds.
Special thank you to our volunteers!
- Taryn Seeley volunteered and worked hard all night making sure the group stayed on schedule and received their playing cards at each stop.
- Greg Rice for officiating the poker hands at the end of the night.
- Mary Rice, Joellen Sokolowski, and Alison Lescarbeau for planning the event.
Couldn’t attend but would like to donate towards athletics? Click here.
Want to be involved in the Admiral’s Athletics Club? Click here.
Thank You to Our Sponsors