Lower School Assembly – September 28, 2018
September 28, 2018 – Assembly
Presented by Head of Lower School, Mrs. Anita Fine
Welcome everyone to our first assembly. We have had a busy start to the school year.
Two weeks ago we had student council elections. I would like to introduce our 2018-2019 Student Council representatives.
- Kindergarten: Gardy Raymond
- 1st grade: Rogan Hearn
- 2nd grade: Max Salebra
- 3rd grade: Braylee Rano
- 4th grade: Benjamin Deskovich
- 5th grade: (2 reps) Sophia Preston, Carson Covington
- 6th grade: (2 reps) Hannah Singleton, Cole Raymer
- 7th grade: (2 reps) Traveler Cornish, Grace Vernine
- 7th grade: Pres: Sophia Raymer; VP: Elyjah Given
They had their first meeting yesterday and have presented some great ideas to me.
Pledge – Sophia Raymer Student Council President
Safety Patrol Initiations – Marilyn Reynolds
Character Word for October – Responsibility
- K & 1st will be singing and signing a “Respect & Responsibility” song. These two classes meet 1x a month with their “sign language buddies” and this is the first song they have worked on together.
- Today I have invited Captain Fine who is the Head of School to speak to us about responsibility.
- Parents we have our Poker Run tomorrow at 4:00 pm. There is still time to sign-up.
- A big thank you to our Parents’ Group along with the Philip A Bryant Melanoma Foundation who made it possible for us to purchase the covered picnic table.
- Parents Group’ Meeting on Wednesday at 8:00 am in the Mess Hall. They will be covering upcoming events, obtaining raffle and giveaway items, and ways you can be involved! I encourage parents to get involved.
- Pancakes with Pops on Friday, October 12th