April 1st marks the 25th anniversary of Farragut’s Aviation Director Rob Ewing’s first solo flight and marks the 50th anniversary of our former Director of Naval Science, and now Development Officer, CAPT Tom McClelland receiving his Naval Aviator wings.
Admiral Farragut Academy’s Aviation Program is pleased to invite you to “AFA First Flight Day” to be held on April 1, 2017 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at St. Pete Air Flight School located at the Albert Whitted Airport in downtown St. Petersburg.
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the Aviation Program at Admiral Farragut Academy and see if your child has an undiscovered passion!
The free event will include:
- 20-minute discovery flights for Farragut students that have never had the opportunity to be at the controls of an aircraft
- Open to enrolled Admiral Farragut Academy students in 3rd to 12th grade
- Transportation will be available for boarding students
- Each flight will be out over the Skyway, Fort De Soto, and Admiral Farragut Academy
- Students and parents need to sign up and complete permission slips for flights in the Lower or Upper School office
- Activities for younger children such as building gliders and paper airplanes
- Photo opportunity at the controls of the Cirrus aircraft owned by Farragut
- Tours of the airport maintenance hangars
- Lunch provided by the airport
“AFA First Flight Day”
April 1, 2017 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
St. Pete Air Flight School located at the Albert Whitted Airport
107 8th Avenue Southeast
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
For more information about the event call Rob Ewing, Aviation Director, at 727-384-5500 ext 244, or email email@example.com.