Admiral Farragut Academy has partnered with Critical Intervention Services (CIS), an industry leader in developing and instituting innovative and effective security solutions. On our campus, they have implemented the Guardian SafeSchool Program®– a nationally-acclaimed school security and protection program designed by CIS and tailored to meet the specific needs of our unique school environment.
CIS has two well-trained professionals on guard at Farragut, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are also two police vehicles on our campus 24 hours a day, so they can quickly respond if there is an emergency.
CIS handles all of the following items:
- Handling of calls for service from the school and in coordinating the response of other police resources.
- Addressing crime and disorder problems, gangs, and drug activities occurring in or around the school.
- Making arrests and issuing citations on campus.
- Providing leads and information to the appropriate investigative units.
- Taking action against unauthorized persons on school property.
- Serving as liaisons between the school and the police and providing information to students and school personnel about law enforcement matters.
- Developing incident response systems.
- Developing and coordinating emergency response plans (in conjunction with other emergency responders).
- Incorporating law enforcement onto school crisis management teams.
- Developing protocols for handling specific types of emergencies.
- Rehearsing such protocols using tabletop exercises, drills, and mock evacuations and lockdowns.
How did they create the safety plan?
CIS conducted a comprehensive audit of Admiral Farragut Academy’s physical campus, existing facilities, operations, physical security measures, security and emergency management procedures and program implementation, and worked in cooperation with our staff to restructure and redesign our policies and procedures for maximum performance.
Why this program?
One of the unique characteristics of the Guardian SafeSchool Program® is its emphasis on proactive community interaction and identifying and resolving potential issues of conflict before problems escalate toward violence. While trained and prepared for crises ranging from medical emergencies to physical assaults, one of the primary roles of the officers is to know the Admiral Farragut Academy community and support all aspects of school safety operations without disrupting normal school activities. The personal character of the officers and the quality of their work in the school environment combined with their ability to interact with every age level of students and adults is the reason this program has proven successful for CIS.
Who are the security officers?
CIS has a full-time team of School Protection Officers (SPOs) with unique skills, interest, and special training to serve not only as on-campus protection officers but leaders for the safety, security and protection initiative.
Admiral Farragut Academy and CIS are pleased to join together to put to work this comprehensive school safety, security and protection program enhancing all levels of safety for the school’s community. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact CIS or our campus officers by phone 727-444-4465 or email email@example.com.