Lower School had an amazing turnout for their Muffins With Moms event on Friday, September 14th. More than 100 moms, grandmas, aunts, and friends turned up for the event and were treated to a breakfast spread of fruit, coffee, and, of course, muffins, provided by SAGE Dining.
Student Council Committee Advisors Mrs. Reynolds and Mrs. Rowe are happy to announce the Lower School Student Council representatives for the 2018-19 school year.
During summer 2018, three Farragut cadets Steven Smiley, Gianni Defelice, and Evan Schlifstein, all members of the Class of 2019, were selected to attend the American Legion Boys State program, a premier leadership camp held at Florida State University in Tallahassee, based on their leadership, character, scholarship, loyalty and service in Farragut’s community. Read more
SAGE Dining, which provides the dining program for Admiral Farragut Academy, put out this blog about how to navigate their menu through either web browser or their new Touch of Sage mobile app.
We’re so happy you’re part of the SAGE community! As you look forward to the school year ahead, we encourage you to look over our menus in advance to plan what to eat, especially if you follow a specific eating pattern or have food allergies. This guide will remind you of key features of our menu, and might even introduce you to something new!
Poker Run by the Admiral’s Athletics Club
Saturday, September 29, 2018, starting at 4:00 PM
Downtown St. Petersburg
- Open to the public (21+). Invite your friends and family to this fun event!
- Cost: $100 and includes a t-shirt and a chance to win $500 if you end with the best hand! Double your odds and fun by purchasing 2 hands of poker for $175.
- How to Play: We will visit five downtown bars to ultimately collect your 5 card poker hand. Prizes awarded at the last stop for best hand, second to best hand, and worst hand. Note: There is one rule, you cannot open the envelopes or you will be disqualified!
- Drink specials will be offered at each location.
- Locations and Stops:
- 50/50 cash raffle with the winner announced at the last stop.
- Proceeds benefit the Admiral’s Athletics Club.
- The event will end at approximately 8:00 p.m.
Are you joining us? Let us know, and share it with your friends!
At morning formation on Wednesday, September 6, Naval Science announced cadet promotions for the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year.
Farragut Junior Ashton Raymer earned his Eagle Scout rank this past June. Only 4% of scouts are granted this rank (including famed moonwalking astronaut and Farragut alumnus Charles Duke [Brig Gen, USAF, Ret.]), and it takes a couple of years of hard work and commitment to complete. Eagle Scouts are required to complete a community service project, and Ashton chose to work with Boyd Hill Nature Preserve Park to build and install trash can receptacles.