It has been an exciting first half of the 2018-2019 school year for our athletes and for the Admiral’s Athletics Club (AAC)! We wanted to thank all our sponsors, volunteers, teachers and staff supporters who have made it all possible.
A round of applause goes to our teams. Their list of accomplishments is impressive!
- Girls Volleyball won Bronze Bracket
- Girls Swimming ended with a 6-2 record, Boys Swimming ended with a 4-3-1
- Cross Country won Districts, placed 3rd in Regions, and 5th in the States
- The Golf team finished very close to making state finals
- Our Football team had a historic year winning the 2A Region 3 Championship and ending their regular season with an impressive 8-1 record
- The Boys Soccer team placed Independent State Runner Up and had 13 wins and the Girls Soccer team had 4 wins
- The Boys Wrestling team had 17 wins and the Girls Wrestling team had 3 wins
Spring sports have all begun practice and we invite everyone to attend as many games as possible, especially their home openers. Lacrosse plays against East Lake HS on 2/21, baseball plays against Dixie Hollins HS on 2/25, and softball plays against Northside Christian on 2/28.
With the support from sponsors and participants in our annual Poker Run, we were able to purchase new wall padding for the gym, a basketball bounce back machine, wrestling team shirts/shorts, help teams with travel costs, lacrosse gear bags, practice shorts and balls, basketball shorts and jerseys for girls and boys, irrigation products for field maintenance, polos for coaches, new supplies for concessions, an air-conditioning system for the field bathroom/concession/armory building, two corn hole games for students, and a softball pitching machine with practice balls. Thank you all again!
Our goal doesn’t stop there. Here’s what we’re working on now:
- New larger lockers in the Field House (the old lockers will be moved to the gym)
- New or refurbished golf cart for the athletic department
- New equipment (wall ball) for the tennis courts
- Refurbished field space for additional practice areas
Go Blue Jackets!!
The Admiral’s Athletics Club
- President – Patti Magenheimer
- Vice President – Jeff Ulevich
- Derek Raymer – Secretary
- Katie Everlove-Stone – Treasurer