https://farragut.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_1936-e1520350933916.jpg 450 600 Jessica Van Curen /wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AFA-logo-white-v2.png Jessica Van Curen2018-03-06 11:04:002018-03-06 11:05:2710 Reasons to Choose Summer Camp at Admiral Farragut Academy
Get a glimpse of the awesome that happens here all year long by attending our fun and educational summer camps!
- Camps are coed and have something to offer for all ages, PreK-12th grade. They are also open to the public, so invite your friends to join you from other schools!
- We offer great hours for working families. Camp starts at 8:00 am, aftercare is available until 5:30 pm, and camps are held the entire month of June, July, and the first week of August.
- There is a wide variety of academic and fun themes within five camps to choose from: Little Captains (Treasure Hunters, Animal Planet Week, Little Captains Got Talent, Water, Water Everywhere), Little Explorers (Stars & Stripes Olympics, Symphony of the Senses, Under the Sea, Fantastic Florida), Basketball, STEM, and Writing.
- Partnerships with outreach programs make our campers feel like they are on field trips while still being on campus. Visitors include SOCOM, Southeastern Guide Dogs, Birds of Prey, the Humane Society, and more!
- Camps have access to the school’s waterfront right on Boca Ciega Bay. Some campers even take boat rides and explore islands while on the Farragut deck boat.
- We keep our campers cooled off with pool parties and water activities.
- Did we mention… LUNCH IS INCLUDED! Each camper is provided a healthy, well-balanced, and kid-friendly lunch in the school’s dining hall.
- All camps are instructed by Farragut teachers and coaches.
- For those little ones starting school for the first time, our Little Captains or Little Explorers camps are perfect for getting them used to being around other children and the classroom environment and routine. Little Explorers welcomes campers as young as age three if they are potty trained.
- In addition to day camps, students entering 8th-12th grade may attend Summer@Farragut, which is a boarding and day academic camp loaded with fun activities where students have the chance to earn high school credit.